Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sweet Friend

Happy Wednesday to everyone! 
It is time for my  post for Sweet Sketch Wednesdays. Today we have a fabulous sponsor for you...The Stamping Boutique.
 I am big fan of Tracey's wonderful images, you have probably  seen some of her fun whimsical  image on my blog before that is because I am on her design team .  Tracey is also a talented artist for Unity Stamp company. The Stamping Boutique has a challenge blog that has a lot of great inspiration and creative challenges. I hope you go check it out. 
On to Sweet Sketch Wednesdays sketch Challenge. The winner of this week get to pick 3 images of their choice from The Stamping Boutique.
Above is Arlana's sketch .  Below is my card. 

I used the image called An uncommon Friendship. This is such sweet image. My papers are from Sherri K designs. I thought the blue wavy paper was just perfect with the image. I can't wait to see what you do with this sketch. 


8 comments:

Patti P. said...

Heide, your papers are perfect and the coloring on your image is fantastic....looks as if it is underwater. I too am a big fan of Tracey's and love using her images.Have a great week.
hugs....

mulberry station said...

Oh Heide, this is one of my favorites from Tracey's collection of images. I used it about a year ago on a card that I made. I absolutely love it. Your design papers and colors are perfect for creating an underwater paradise. Beautifully done, my friend.
Hugs, Nancy

Genevieve said...

Oh Heide! Your card is stunning, your image is beautifully coloured, I love the added sparkle too.

Tc
Genevieve

Linda Anderson said...

What a stunning card Heide! Love your image and the wonderful papers! Blue is my favorite color so of course I was drawn to this one!! Have a great day.

Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

Heide, I love that sweet image. You have colored it so beautifully, love the added sparkle and the fabulous papers. Have a sweet day! HUGS Arlana

Jeannie said...

This is just lovely! I really like the papers you chose to enhance her too! Great job!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi Heide your card is just beautiful I love every little bit about it, the colours the image and I just adore the sparkle on the Mermaids body. Tooo cute for words. I'm sorry about this late comment but I've had computer problems and hopefully they are sorted now.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

P.S You asked me what that plant is by the word love on my header. Because I don't have an amazing knowledge on plants and have such a large garden I have someone that comes in once a week to help me with our garden and she has an amazing knowledge of plants she really didn't know the name of this plant either, she said its a pond or wet plant and it's similar to Bull Rushes if you know what they are. It green all year round.
Hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely week.

Sharon Basel said...

This is a gorgeous image and so perfect for this sketch. I love all the sparkly glitter you added to the underwater scene. And the papers are just exactly perfect in creating that underwater look too.