Saturday, February 12, 2011

Non-Traditional Valentines

Happy Saturday! 
Are you ready for another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow?  I am and this one was a fun one or me non-traditional Valentines- no red or pink. 
I went with a  monochromatic card. I used this beautiful Shabby Heart and Unconditional Love both  from Sugar Creek Hollow. I love, love, love how this turned out!  I used my nesties to layer and I even use a spritz or two of shimmer mist to add some sparkle to the card. 
Here is a close up for the layers.



I hope you stop by the rest of the teams blogs and check out what they have created, leave them some love.  I am sure they will knock  your socks off! I think the girls on the SCH DT  are so very talented.  After you get some inspiration from the DT,  head on over to SCH and show us what you have made. 
Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

marsha said...

Ooh, Heide this is just delish! I love all the embossing and die cuts, how clever to emboss the lacey border! Beautiful ribbon and love how you angled the sentiment!
Hugs,
Marsha

Nancy said...

Wow, I love how it turned out, too!! You really thought outside the box, and it worked beautifully!! I wouldn't have thought of that sentiment...BRAVO!!

Emma Fewkes said...

Heide ~ LOVE your card. The monochrome style is sensational. Love it :)

Mary Duffek said...

Sweet, soft and simply gorgeous! Love the pearls and your flag sentiment that is going off the side. Fabulous job!!!

Donna Moore said...

Scrumptious card, love your color this week!! Looks awesome!
hugs
donna

Renee Matarese said...

This is so pretty! I love the monochromatic colors you chose and the shimmer on the cardstock is beautiful! I really like how you made the banner go across like that and how the heart is popped up. This is lovely!

Julie said...

Wow Heide! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the tan and white, so elegant. I love your coloring, the elements, right down to how you placed the sentiment. Just fantastic.

Hugz,
Julie

Tracy Vinson said...

So sorry I am late visiting you this week. I had to pack and leave for a week-long ministers conference with the hubster. I am settled in a nice hotel room over-looking the blue ridge mountains. When I first saw this card I though...."What is GUNN doing posting a card to this weeks challenge?". Then I realized this is Heide....I'm telling you, this is one of your top creations in my book!!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Oh my, this is beautiful!! Great job Heide!! So elegant! Love the colors you used!

Sharon Basel said...

I love the neutrals - a wonderful non-traditional look. Your details are fabulous and the sparkle is great. Also adore the sentiment and how you have it placed here.
Hugs,
Sharon