Saturday, October 10, 2009

Swimming with the fishes! High Hope # 47

I am a big High Hopes fan! I think their stamps are fun and whimsical! Very fun to color with my copic markers, which make me feel like an artist! This weeks challenge was to have layers, well I think this card has enough layers and a very cool fun background technique that was a challenge over at SCS this past summer. The SCS challenge was to use rubber bands and emboss with them than brayer over the clear embossing. It reminded me of the ocean and the light coming through the water. There is lots of glitter on the mermaid, as there should be! The little turtle dude has glitter too!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing along at High Hopes this week!

Melanie said...

Hi Heidi!

I am definiately a High Hopes fan too! Your card is lovely! That mermaid is very cute...I don't own that stamp, but maybe I should think about getting it! LOL

Melanie

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Hi Heidi,
Very cool techniques on your card!!!! Rubber bands...hmmm...someone was being creative!! And yes, I agree--mermaids do need lots of glitter :) I am also a big High Hopes fan!! Thanks for sharing your card and for coming to see mine!!
Blessings,
Sarah

Emma Fewkes said...

I saw your blog linked on the High Hopes blog! Wahoo, you're getting famouser by the day! What a wonderful card ... love it.