Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hummingbird












Happy weekend everyone!
Today I made a card using an image from Sugar Creek Hollow. This was a freebie image and I wanted to use color pencils and OMS to color. I have not used my colored pencils in quite awhile and I had a fun time getting them out again.  The Paper is one of my favorites,  from My minds eye called Bloom and Grow. I picked this paper up form Hobby Lobby.  
About a week ago, while at my in-laws,  I read a article in the newspaper about a town in MI it is called Colon. They have a yearly Hummingbird round up where they band the hummingbirds before the little guys take off to fly down to Mexico. I think we are going to try and make it to this next year. I would love to know how the catch and band these little guys with out hurting them.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Heide

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Heidi,
I watched them catch and band hummingbirds in Colorado once. They have large nets that they stretch between trees and they catch the birds in them. The nets are soft and finely woven and don't harm the birds at all. They band them quickly and then release them. Many they catch are already banded and they make a note of the band number, etc. It's pretty interesting.
Cindy

Curt in Indy said...

OMGosh Heide! This is just beautiful! Your coloring with your pencils and oms is fantastic. Love this image and how you paired it with that really gorgeous paper and your lace. Really a fabulous card! Best, Curt

Sharon Basel said...

Heide this is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors you've chosen and the coloring of the hummingbird is perfect. Beautiful treatment with the lace encircling the image.