Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Vintage Lamp Post

Hello bloggers! Today for SCH we were to use the faux barn board technique.  I had to give it 4 tries before I got it right. Tee hee!   I think the first two time I gave it a try my glue was old and runny. The 3rd time it almost worked and finely it worked! I found it was a fine line to letting the glue dry and not dry.

I had fun on my computer changing the color of one of my favorite images from Sugar Creek Hollow.  I used my French scrip to add some red and brown  ink to the faux barn board. The DP is from Graphic 45.  My ribbon treatment is brown satin ribbon and Victorian lace from SU topped off with a antique brad.  The branches are from a MS punch.
Make sue you check out the rest for the DT to see what they did with their faux barn board. 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Heide

8 comments:

Tracy Vinson said...

Heide, this is just a super card this week. Your lace touches really give it a down home feel. Your wood technique is FAB and the perfect accent of texture to the rest of your card.

Renee Matarese said...

This is so pretty! I love the different papers and textures. The wood is amazing and you've colored the lamp so beautifully. The ribbon is gorgeous as well. I love everything about this card!

Dawn Edwards said...

Fabulous card! I love how you looped the ribbon and lace together for your bow, Stunning result.

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful creation! Love the ribbon and the barn door tech came out fabulous.

Donna Moore said...

Hi Heidi! I am in love with this card! Your bow with the lace and chocolate brown is perfectly marvelous, your designer papers look terrific with this image! Your coloring is beautiful and I love your medallion with the frond punches on the bow, gorgeous piece of work girl!!
hugs
donna

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

I Love this! The ribbon/lace is such an eyecatcher! Looks amazing!

Gunn

Sharon Basel said...

Gosh there's so many details to this card that delight the eye Heide. Your ribbons are beautiful together, love the script over the faux wood, love the other paper you've used, your coloring of the image, the corner punches...I could just go on and on and on! Fantastic!
Hugs,
Sharon

Julie said...

Gorgeous Heide. Beautiful coloring and your background is wonderful!

Hugz,
Julie