Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Weekend!

It's the weekend!! That means it is time for the girls at Sugar Creek Hollow to do more with the fantastic Christmas  images! For today we are doing a sketch challenge.
This is the sketch.  What a great sketch, you can use so many different images for this. Here is my card.
I used the cute Christmas mug and Merry Christmas saying from SCH.  I wanted to use this image and have not had the chance too. I ran this through my printer a few times with different papers by Cosmo cricket.  After cutting out the mug and poinsettias, I then put it back together  added some stickles to the flower centers, and I also used my copics to add some depth to the mug.  I got some dew drops out, I have not used them is quite  awhile. Thanks to stopping by hope you can join us and I would love the see what you do with the sketch!  Don't forget to check out the rest of the teams beautiful creations, they are over on my side bar. 
Heide

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Heide, I know it isn't part of the card, but I adore that bird!! The use of the doily is awesome with the tea cup!! BRAVO!

Donna Moore said...

I am totally speechless, what a gorgeous card! Your paper piecing just makes this so very unique and totally inspirational! All your colors and special touches are so well placed which really bring the focus to the tea cup and sentiment! Awesome!!
hugs
donna

Mary Duffek said...

Sooo pretty! Love the doily in the background...You did an amazing job on the teacup as well. Fabulous job!

Sharon Basel said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is stunningly beautiful Heide. I just can't express in words how creative this is. The paper piecing is genious, the papers are gorgeous and the embellishments just perfect this beautiful card. I finally got my mouth to close from the awe of it and is now a broad smile!
Hugs to you,
Sharon

marsha said...

Heide, your poinsettia cup is just so elegant looking! I love the doily and the design paper is just perfect! What a beautiful creation!
Hugs,
Marsha

jonim52 said...

Awesome card! Love how you did the teacup!

Renee Matarese said...

Love the paper piecing on the tea cup and the doily behind it is a nice touch. It looks like a lacey saucer.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Heide!
This is lovely!

Gunn

Tracy Vinson said...

Heide, this is so lovely. I just adore Cosmo Cricket papers and you made the perfect choice by using them on the mug. Love your embellies and all the textures you have going on. Makes me want some hot chocolate!

Julie said...

This is just beautiful! I love the tea cup and your choice of papers. Wonderfully done!

Hugz,
Julie